Thursday 13 February 2014

My Reading Survey!

Reading Survey

What do you get from reading that you can’t (or don’t want to) get anywhere else?

When I read I get pleasure, I read as a pass time in order to have fun. I love how you can get so into a book that you forget about your real world and the only thing that you’re focused on is the book and the character progression and what’s going to happen next. Watching television isn’t remotely the same as reading a book. I like how when you read you can have creative control over what the characters look like and scenery. With television everything  Is chosen for you so you don’t have that control. 

How do you decide what books you will read?

Usually when I read a book it is because one of my friends recommended it to me. My friends have very similar taste as I do therefore if I get a recommendation I know I will be interested in it to some degree. I think this is effective because I rarely will pick up a book I know nothing about. 

What kind of books do you like to read? Why do you enjoy them?

I like to read fiction books because I love the idea of a different reality. I love fantasy and dystopian novels. It’s interesting to see how life would be in different circumstances. I also enjoy them because it’s fascinating to see the authors’ perspective in a fantasy world. 

Have you ever re-read a book? Which book and why?

I have re-read one book. It was my all-time favorite book “Catching Fire” the   in the series of “The Hunger Games” written by Suzanne Collins. I re-read this book last semester before the movie came out because I wanted to make sure I remembered every single part to compare the book to the movie. This made my experience at the movie theater more enjoyable because if they left something out in the movie I would still understand everything that is occurring. 

What is your goal as a reader for this semester? 

My goal is to read plenty of books in order to advance my reading level and comprehension of literature. I would like to expand my knowledge of life and different takes on it. As well as improve my skills as a writer by acknowledging authors writing techniques. 

“Do-You”

I do have a smart phone with internet access, I use it daily to text, tweet, post on tumblr, pin on pinterest, Facebook I also use it to help with my French courses by translating words I’m not 100% sure of. I have access to an iPad that I actually am currently typing on. I use it to play games mostly and watch Netflix, also when I need to do a project for school that I can type up I often use it for that as well. I do not have an e-reader because I prefer paper books, it’s authentic and traditional. I have Twitter; it’s mostly used for dumb teenage tweets about life, and trying to be funny so, I do not plan on using that for class. Blog, I do have one I have a tumblr account. I use my tumblr account to reblog things I am interested in; I do not put any of my own material on my blog. I would love to use smart phone, my iPad, and potentially create a new blog for this course, I think it is a great way to learn and have fun while doing so.


No comments:

Post a Comment